The only thing I had to leave behind was a php mySQL time-tracking app that I didn’t use anymore anyway (iPhone apps do it better now). I will save that as a good serverless project!
Now I have four sites served serverless-style via AWS! I was spending on the order of $200 per year for hosting fees. Now I will only spend about $30!
There are a few things to do yet:
- get the www requests to go to the apex/naked domain name
- get SSL certs for https requests
- Update: this is now implemented via my CloudFront CDN distributions
- add dynamic content via Lambda and API Gateway
- replicate wordpress-like functionality using S3
- Update: this is now how this site is generated. See my implementation here.
- maybe an IOT project or two